Lockdown 2

Sadly Lockdown 2 isn’t the amazing film sequel that we were all waiting for in 2020. No, it’s further COVID restrictions announced by the government on Saturday evening.

Following a short period of consultation, the Football Association have announced that non-elite football will stop from Thursday 5th November and not re-start any earlier than Wednesday 2 December 2020. For Rawmarsh St Josephs and all grassroots football this means training and match days will be paused during this period.

Today the club received the below email from Matt Harman the chairman of the Sheffield and District Junior Sunday Football League informing us of the postponement of junior football. Matt has asked our club for our observations on whether football should re-start in December or be further delayed until January 2021.

In order for the club to respond fully to Matt’s request we’re asking you, our members, to let us know your thoughts and preferences. We’ve done this by creating a short on-line survey and this will be sent to you either by your team manager or your family liaison. We’re asking for responses by Thursday evening please. If you would like a copy of the survey you can also email covid@rawmarshstjosephsjfc.co.uk.

Once we’ve collated the responses and sent our thoughts back to the league we will share our response on this website. This is expected to be posted early next week.

Thank you for your ongoing support in these challenging times #oneclub

Email from Matt Hardman, Chairman, Sheffield & District Junior Sunday Football League

Morning all
The FA have just confirmed that all Youth football including training is cancelled until Wednesday the 2nd December 2020.
Like you will be I am extremely  disappointed by the news but we are where we are and we have to abide by the decisions whether we agree with them or not.
See link below.

We as a League will before that point discuss the feasibility of a restart should the restrictions be lifted at that time.
We have concerns as a League that an immediate restart could be physically damaging for children and adults (referees) who have been unable to train etc for a month. We do not wish them to be rushed back and potentially sustain injuries meaning they can’t play for a longer period.
We will as a committee have a zoom meeting but it could be prudent that we delay competitive fixtures until the New Year and should we be able to restart in December use that period for training.
We would welcome any Feedback within the next 7 days so we have views to discuss at a meeting. Please note we want a view on a restarting in December and not whether we should or should not be playing and the merits of the decisions taken higher up. So please keep the replies relevant and send them to chairman@junleague.com. Please use Covid restart as the subject so I can save them and refer to them in our meeting.
Stay Safe

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.