Last week we canvassed all our members with regards to their preference on how Junior Football can return to normality. The league hope this could be as early as December but could have to wait until January 2020. Or potentially either later, dependant on how the current lockdown goes.
In total we had 44 responses and our response to the league was sent tonight, Monday 9th November 2020.
Response from Rawmarsh St Josephs JFC re Football Restart
The preference of the club and it’s members is for a December re-start. Our members voted by 82% for December ’20 and 18% for a January ’21 re-start.
The main feedback was;
1. A return would be good for the kids well being and mental health.
2. But safety of all is paramount.
3. There weren’t concerns around fitness and injuries as the players are still exercising via school.
4. Respondents asked the league to consider carefully the remaining season and it’s structure. Will it be extended, are further lockdowns a risk, how would we work in the midwinter break, etc.
5. A drinks break mid half should be built into the game.
6. A lot of work has been done already to make our ground safe. As much notice as possible would be appreciated to implement any further changes. For example;
– All none players wearing face masks
– Maximum number of supporters per player